Find Other Help

If you need assistance in an area of law that is not covered by our clinic and you do not have a current family, criminal or immigration legal aid certificate, Legal Aid Ontario (“LAO”) may be able to help you.

LAO has a website at that provides information on their  services.  You can also contact LAO’s Client Service Centre toll free at: 1-800-668-8258 and press 0.  No coins are required from a payphone and LAO accepts collect calls. This service is offered in 120 languages.

Here is information on how to access local Legal Aid services that provide assistance with criminal law or family law.

Workers Compensation

Our clinic does not provide service in this area of the law.

If you have a union at work, your union can, and often will, provide advice and representation with respect to your Workers’ Compensation matters. If you are not in a union, you may be able to obtain free assistance from the Office of the Workers’ Advisor (OWA). They can be reached at: 1-800-435-8980 (Service in English) or 1-800-661-6365 (Service in French).  The OWA also offers information online.

The Law Society Referral Service 

Anyone looking for legal advice in a specific area of law may contact the Law Society Referral Service.  This is a free service that can connect you with a lawyer or paralegal that can assist in a specific area of law.  The phone number is 1-800-268-8326. This service will provide the name and phone number of a legal professional who may be able to deal with your issue and that will provide up to 30 minutes of free consultation.  This service can be found online at LSRS.

Pro Bono Law Ontario

Pro Bono Law Ontario can assist people who are suing or being sued in civil (non-family) court, children and youth and charitable organizations. Information on help available is at Law Help Ontario.