Clinic Legal Services
The services we provide include legal advice & referrals, legal representation, public legal education, community development and law reform. We provide service to individuals, groups and communities. We welcome inquiries from community agencies.
Areas of Law
The majority of the service we provide is in the following areas of law:
- Residential Tenancies (for Tenants)
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Employment Issues
- Human Rights
- Consumer Protection
- Notary Services
The services that we provide are free to financially eligible individuals in the areas of law listed above. We therefore ask about income and assets to determine if we are able to assist an individual or group. Clients, where able, will be asked to pay for out of pocket legal disbursements such as medical reports and court filing fees.
In addition to assistance in the areas listed above, we provide referrals to other legal services. We also provide referrals to community agencies that can provide assistance or advice with respect to your legal issue.
We represent people at hearings before a number of tribunals including:
- The Landlord and Tenant Board
- The Social Benefits Tribunal (for Ontario Works and the Ontario Disability Support Program)
- The Board of Referees and Umpire (for employment insurance appeals)
- The Review Tribunal and Pension Appeals Board (for CPP)
We also appear in provincial and federal appeal courts for these matters.
What we do not do
We do not provide service in the areas of criminal, family or immigration law. This type of legal work can be handled by private bar lawyers or other legal professionals. You can contact us if you require a referral in these or other areas of law.