About Our Clinic
We are a community based, non-profit, Community Legal Clinic. We are staffed by five lawyers, a community developer, and two support staff. We are funded by Legal Aid Ontario.
We provide legal advice and representation to low-income people who live in Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk counties, who meet our financial eligibility guidelines. If you are financially eligible, there is no charge for our services. We do ask you to reimburse us for legal disbursements, such as medical reports, if you are able to.
The legal problems we can help you with are:
- Residential tenancies
- Income maintenance (Ontario Works)
- Disability issues (ODSP, CPP-D)
- Human rights
- Employment issues
- Employment Insurance
- Consumer protection
- Some questions relating to immigration issues
Although we can’t help you with criminal or family law problems, we can give you information about lawyers and services that can help in these and other areas of the law.
In addition to providing legal advice and representation we also:
- support the development of local community groups that advance the rights of low-income and marginalized people in our community
- provide legal information in the various areas of law that we practice